• このトピックは空です。
15件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 15件目 (全224件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #17800 返信
    byachanda6511485
    ゲスト

There is clearly a marketplace for KAWS figures and artwork as a result of their presence in pop culture and the hype from celeb collectors. KAWS’ UNIQLO collaborations usually take on pop tradition touchstones, as the artist is wont to do. The Uniqlo vary, dropping online Thursday night and in Uniqlo’s shops on Friday, picks up the place that left off, cracking open the generally reclusive cult of kaws gift in the method. Slated to land at world stores and UNIQLO’s webpage on September 7, the 2023 KAWS x UNIQLO collaboration is inarguably guaranteed to set stores alight (with commerce) and form mile-long queues of followers determined to assert T-shirts and sweaters printed with the artist’s signature COMPANION and BFF characters. Note that although KAWS x UNIQLO products sometimes aren’t limited (and so they tend to be restocked over the course of some months), they basically fly off shelves for the first week or so that they are obtainable as devotees dutifully pile into line to consume. All properly and good however I ponder if these shifts – KAWS especially – have something to do with a need to make Human Made the new hotness all over again. It appointed Japanese trend lifer W. David Marx, creator of Ametora, as “Outside Director” in January 2023, presumably with the expectation that he’ll carry some of his heritage information to Human Made’s retro blue collar inclinations.

He’s also completed fashion collabs that run the gamut from Dior to sacai however that is extra about KAWS’ graphic works being co-opted for vogue manufacturers, reasonably than KAWS doing any actual inventive route. It’s KAWS first proper return to trend since, effectively, OriginalFake all these years in the past. “When I first started doing rather a lot of work in Tokyo in the 90s, associates within the US were like, ‘Why are you wasting all your energy? Anyways, this “What Party”-centric collab is the first KAWS x UNIQLO release since the pair’s 2019 staff-ups (and yes, it again contains stickers for first-come, first-served shoppers). Don’t anticipate KAWS and UNIQLO UT’s What Party T-shirts to be any completely different. Indeed, every thing from KAWS’ 2023 UNIQLO group-up delivers UNIQLO UT T-shirts emblazoned with imagery from “What Party,” the Brooklyn-based mostly artist’s latest touring museum exhibit. Essentially the most famous drop from four years back stirred madness among customers desperate to say T-shirts printed with Sesame Street characters illustrated by KAWS (notable feature: familiar characters with X’d-out eyes). All eyes had been on Kim Jones at Dior Men’s spring/summer time 2019 present final June. After being a profitable graffiti artist, he never needed to look back. As an artist, you’re constantly being burned.

Now, heads nonetheless have deep respect for NIGO, Human Made turns out completely nice stuff, and i’ve enjoyed NIGO’s KENZO (curious how effectively that sells, though) however the brand new technology of streetwear customers aren’t listening to NIGO in the same approach that kids did when the Japanese designer set the pace of streetwear two decades in the past. Brian Donnelly’s beginnings were humble sufficient, having started out as a skater child on the lookout for road corners to tag. “I was a toy and comic collector earlier than I started gathering Brian’s works,” says Varol, whose holdings now embrace “every KAWS sculpture and print edition ever launched, plus a lot of ephemera and a few originals.” The approximately seven hundred items constitute “the most important part of my collection,” he says. Their anonymity is what retains us interested; it plays a part in how we understand them. NIGO has been buddies with KAWS even longer than he’s identified Pharrell and you understand this crew retains its pals shut. The people who’re hyped about Human Made are the identical individuals who get hyped about KAWS dropping new toys, Girls Don’t Cry dropping extra branded T-shirts, and Pharrell joining LV.

The Human Made founder and current KENZO inventive director simply appointed KAWS as an advisor at Otsumo Co., Ltd., the corporate that operates Human Made (NIGO is CEO of Otsumo). These dude were sitting front row at NIGO’s debut KENZO show, remember. Human Made has been NIGO’s top precedence since he launched it in 2010 after promoting BAPE’s parent company, Nowhere, Inc., to Hong Kong-primarily based conglomerate I.T. In response to a Japanese-language press launch, KAWS’ position at Otsumo will bring some kind of artistic course to Human Made however that’s all I can say for positive. Yes, it’s a mouthful and also not pleasant to say but we try for thoroughness if nothing else. Now will I say its an important funding? Now he’s KAWS, a globally celebrated artist recognized for his distinctive toy-like figures and following of over one million on Instagram. Honestly, what I do now isn’t a lot of a departure from the road art and graffiti I used to be doing. This made their artwork more accessible than exhibitions, said Donnelly, who found galleries to be unwelcoming. Designed by ex-Disney illustrator Brian Donnelly, the vinyl Companion figures are available in a selection of collectible colorways. The newest venture will utilize Sacai’s version of the Blazer Low featuring double-layered details including the Swoosh, shoelaces, tongues, but appears in new pink and blue-based mostly colorways.

Now, the details of KAWS’ appointment at Otsumo are unclear. I doubt it however KAWS’ appointment definitely will not harm Human Made’s bottom line. In fairness, that’s a sizeable sufficient audience to maintain Human Made in the black for a very long time. Will KAWS’s broad audience appreciate the artist’s attempts to complicate his creations by tales of situational stress, competitors, meditations on modes of visuality and artistic creation, ethics of possession, and pressure resulting in communal uplift? This week, a pair of 26-foot tall sculptures based on two of the artist’s signature characters, Companion and BFF, might be officially unveiled at a new purchasing complex in Changsha, China. But that was almost two many years ago. Two short movies showed KAWS’ X-eyed Companion figure pushing its method by means of a stack of the aforementioned KAWS box and draping a white T-shirt printed with KAWS’ 2021 artwork What Party: Tide, an epochal piece displaying Companion submerged face-deep in water.

#230187 返信
    max
    ゲスト

<u>iWoz</u>

#230188 返信
    max
    ゲスト

<u>710.1</u>

#230190 返信
    max
    ゲスト

<u>Repr</u>